Join our team as a Trainee Service Engineer
Weekly hours: 8.30am - 5:00pm (Monday - Friday).
Job type: Full-time, permanent role (6-month probationary period).
Start date: From April 2022 (we can be flexible for the right candidate).
We are specialist suppliers of equine veterinary equipment and we're looking for a full-time person to join our busy team.
From our office and warehouse in Shropshire, we work with veterinary clients worldwide. We've been supplying and supporting equine veterinary equipment to renowned vets for over 10 years. This equipment consists of our unique endoscopy range, shockwave therapy, laser systems and operating tables.
We pride ourselves on offering high-quality service and support to our customers. We have introduced this new role to support our Lead Engineer and cater for our recent growth.
About the role:
You will work closely and receive training from our experienced Lead Service Engineer to carry out servicing and repairs on our veterinary equipment.
This role would suit someone who is keen to develop technical engineering skills in a loyal and hard-working team. As a business we prioritise team development and offer excellent training and benefits.
- An electrical engineers or electronics qualification
- GCSEs grades C/5 or above in English Language, Maths and Science
- Electrical knowledge and/or experience (1 year +)
- Ability to communicate effectively over email, phone and face-to-face
- Ability to work closely with colleagues to meet objectives and deadlines
- Confident in using computers and reporting systems (specific training will be provided)
- Great organisational, team-working and time management skills
- Be willing to travel. Overnight stays will be required occasionally
- UK driving licence and valid passport for international travel
Responsibilities of the Trainee Service Engineer:
- Assisting the lead engineer on servicing and repairs
- Commit to a training programme to develop technical skills on innovative equipment
- Aim to undertake tasks independently using own initiative
- Work to a prioritised time schedule developed by the lead engineer
- Electrical calibration maintenance and fault finding
- Motivated to become a skilled engineer
- Adhere to Health & Safety rules
- Maintain warehouse tidiness and organisation
- Offer high-quality customer service through liasing with customers by phone and email (following training)
Competitive salary dependent upon experience: £18,000 - £22,000
- Comprehensive training programme
- Discretionary team company bonus
- Individual bonus scheme
- On-site parking. Industrial park in close proximity to Oswestry.
- 25 days leave plus Bank Holidays
- Workwear provided
- Team fundraisers to give back to charity and our community
- We're a close-knit team and organise team socials at least twice per year.
How to apply:
If you have any questions prior to applying, please do not hesitate to get in touch.