Join our team as a Logistics & Operations Assistant
Weekly hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm (Monday - Friday).
Job type: Full-time, permanent role (6-month probationary period).
Start date: From April 2022 (we can be flexible for the right candidate).
We are specialist suppliers of equine veterinary equipment and we're looking for a full-time person to join our busy team.
From our office and warehouse in Shropshire, we work with veterinary clients worldwide. We've been supplying and supporting equine veterinary equipment to renowned vets for over 10 years. This equipment consists of our unique endoscopy range, shockwave therapy, laser systems and operating tables.
We pride ourselves on offering high-quality service and support to our customers. This role plays a crucial part in keeping our service running smoothly.
About the role:
You will work closely with our team and external suppliers across the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
This role would suit someone with strong organisation and communication skills who is looking to join a loyal and hard-working team. It's an exciting time to join a growing business that prioritises team development and provides excellent training, working conditions and benefits.
- An enthusiastic and proactive attitude
- Strong communicator - confident on audio/video calls, email and face-to-face
- Experience in logistics including booking/tracking shipments worldwide (preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail as well as team-working, organisation and time management skills
- Must be able to follow guidelines closely but also use own initiative when required
- Competent user of Office 365 (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experiencing using CRM System (training will be given but experience would be an advantage)
- Comfortable with numerical figures
- Experience with financial figures in relation to shipping expenditure
- Dangerous Goods Certificate is an advantage
Responsibilities of the Logistics and Operations Assistant:
- Veterinary equipment logistics: UK, Europe and Worldwide
- Logistical management of veterinary equipment using online booking systems
- Liaising with international logistics companies
- Liaising with international suppliers
- Liaising with customers by phone, zoom and email
- Logistic budget inspecting incoming/outgoing veterinary equipment
- Commitment to training programme to enable you to fully understand our specialist equipment
Competitive salary dependent upon experience. £19,000.00 - £22,000.00 per year
- Comprehensive training programme
- Discretionary team company bonus
- Individual bonus scheme
- On-site parking. Industrial park in close proximity to Oswestry.
- 25 days leave plus Bank Holidays
- Workwear provided
- Team fundraisers to give back to charity and our community
- We're a close-knit team and organise team socials at least twice per year.
How to apply:
If you have any questions prior to applying, please do not hesitate to get in touch.